Saturday, February 10, 2007
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Director Art Tangal elected as President of Cebu City Private Schools Administrators Association, Inc.
Mr. Arturo N. Tangal, who is currently the President and Director of Harvest Christian School International (HCSI) of Cebu, Inc. has been elected as the President of Cebu City Private Schools Administrators Association, Inc. (CCPSAAI) last November 10, 2006 for three (3) consecutive years. CCPSAAI is an association of private schools of more than 130 member schools in Cebu City, Philippines. It is the association of private schools in Cebu City duly acknowledged and recognized by the Department of Education Region VII and Division of Cebu City. He replaced the presidency of Dr. Ascepliades Curro whose three (3) years term already ended. Prior to election, Sir Art has been the Executive Vice President (EVP) of the association for three (3) years. The election was held at Southwestern University (SWU) in time for the association's Administrator's Congress for 2006. Congratulations Sir Art for being given by the Lord the opportunity serve the private schools. May God guide you and bless you in whatever you do for the association so that God will be glorified in it. - From the faculty and staff of HCSI.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Courses offered by HCSI are as follows:
1) Regular Basic Education Courses from Pre-School to High School
2) ESL Courses (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced)
3) SELIP (Special English Language Immersion Program) Courses. This is an English immersion course where the students are allowed to attend the school's regular class in a level the students can tackle and understand. Students are required to interact and talk with regular English speaking students. Vocabularies are easily developed on the students hence learning to speak English naturally is faster than in a normal ESL classes. The school SELIP course is also a bridge program for non-English speaking students gain entrance to the school's Regular Education Course.
4) Business and Entrepreneurial Courses
5) TESOL/TEFL Certificate Course - This course is designed to train high level students to teach English as a Second Language or Foreign Language.
6) Finishing Course for Call Center Agents
The school provides Homestay Program where students can be placed in various homes and families duly screened by the school.